Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The morning comes

The morning started out like any other with one exception, my right foot was exposed from under the covers and unknowingly to me was placed where the cat decides to rest on our bed.

In the wee hours the cat sits down quietly beside my foot and began sniffing, then licking and then having what she thought was a nibble was definitely more like she was sitting down for a buffet! I immediately jumped up (as you would) and said something like damn cat!

Having realized I was awake the cat thought "I can eat later" and promptly decided to go and play with something else. Well I immediately zoned out and went back to sleep. An atomic bomb could go off and I would sleep right through it! Yet it is quiet around me that will wake me up. Go figure?

So now I am sitting here and pondering how is it with all the experience I have gained in information technology over the last 30 years why is it that I am currently out of work? Granted that I have not gone the academic route and not have a piece of paper to glorify experience in one particular area whereas I have learned from doing. It is true I am not an ardent user of Microsoft ™ products however I have used them in order to assist with peoples computer issues, the same applies to Apple OS
™ & POSIX (UNIX, Linux) operating systems. While I have completed a course in Telecommunications Cabling and achieved an open license (some time ago) has only opened a few extra doors.

Now I sit here on a late February morning, I am looking at what I am going to do with the day. Most likely do some web editing & some Stumbling (StumbleUpon providing you use Mozilla based browser). Undoubtedly a trip to the Mall will be on the agenda sometime.

Perhaps something will present itself today, if not hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment